Cyprus Endangered Animals 2023
Empowering children to use their skills to raise awareness of endangered animals.
To empower children to become agents of change ultimately creating a generation of environmentally-conscious individuals who actively contribute to building a sustainable future.
- Empowering children with the idea that they can make a difference even at an early age
- Instilling an understanding of the transformative power of entrepreneurship in driving positive change
- Inspiring environmental action
Through the project, students will actively participate by selecting a specific group of endangered animals and learning about them through drawing. Using Dibujothiki’s model, these drawings will be digitized and transformed into unique patterns applied to various products. The products will be sold, and the proceeds will be donated to local organizations supporting endangered species. Additionally, selected students will share their research, efforts, and findings through a podcast that will be disseminated on podcast streaming platforms and social media, amplifying the conservation message and inspiring others to take action.
- Global Education: The project educates about endangered species and conservation efforts.
- Social Innovation: The project harnesses children’s creativity to come up with innovative solutions for conservation efforts.
- Family Engagement: The project engages families in buying the products and listening to the podcasts
- Dibujothiki, a child-initiated and led pattern design e-shop dedicated to creating meaningful nature-inspired designs while embracing circular economy practices shares its model and provides the technical platform.
- Enalia Physis, a research organization actively involved in the research and conservation of marine animals, is key in the dissemination of information regarding endangered Mediterranean Monk Seals.
- Herpetological Society of Cyrus, an organization that studies and promotes the conservation of reptiles, is key in the dissemination of information regarding endangered Cyprus snakes.
- The Cyprus Environmental Foundation, through its commitment to supporting environmental causes in Cyprus, plays a crucial role in securing the funding necessary for the implementation of this project through the sponsorship of Petrolina Holdings, a Cypriot petroleum company adhering to measures of environmental responsibility which granted €8,000 for the implementation of the project.
Products for sale
MEDITERRANEAN MONKSEALS PATTERN
PROTECT MEDITERRANEAN MONK SEALS (BY FALCON) – PRODUCTS FOR SALE (PROCEEDS GO TO ENALIA PHYSIS)
CYPRUS SNAKES PATTERN
LEARN ABOUT SNAKES (BY JUNIOR)- PRODUCTS FOR SALE (PROCEEDS GO TO THE HERPATOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF CYPRUS)